Start saving with no mercy.
We all do mistakes and we all take bad financial decisions sooner or later in life.
Personally, after a big financial mistake, I normally enter into an extreme saving mode.
In this way I am able to:
- Regain focus on what really counts in my life;
- Appreciate how little I need to live a joyful life;
- Accumulate quickly a not irrelevant sum to make up for my mistake;
- Appreciate that my values are stronger than a financial loss: I do not let this loss destroy my mood for a long period of time.
- Understand from my mistakes so that I do not make them anymore in the future.
I know first hand that a bad financial mistake is painful, but I hope that with focus, patience and perseverance you will regain what you have lost and never lose confidence in yourself.